This is a True Love Story.

February 3, 2010

Dream all day, run the night.

So far in life I've had two ticks on me, and only once was it terrifying. The first time I was on a third grade field trip. I was excited to be one of the three kids who had one because to a bunch of 8 year olds, this was like finding the golden ticket in Willy Wonka; well sort of. The second time I was in my second semester of college. I had come back from a hike in my aerobics class which was just as poorly run as it was organized. I had gotten into Ned (my nova) and I felt a tickle underneath my shirt. There he was. Dark, devious, and sailing around my stomach like Columbus. I went into panic mode, jumped out of Ned, and attempted to flick him off. With no luck, and in the heat of hysteria, I took of my shirt and proceeded to wildly smack all over my body. Heres the imagery: A 5'3'' paler than pale ginger, shirtless, and vigorously beating her body in what may have looked like an ancient african tribe dance, standing next to a 1978 Nova when classes at a commuter college just let out. Basically, any witnesses saw the equivalent to a flying Unicorn that recites Hamlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment